Affiliates in Counseling has a group of clinicians who specialize in supporting clients struggling with perinatal mental health challenges. The perinatal period, broadly defined, encompasses the timeframe from one year before (preconception and pregnancy) to two years after the birth of the child.
We recognize that the road to parenthood can sometimes be complicated, painful and overwhelming. Our perinatal therapists are here to provide comfort and healing throughout your journey. We work with women, men and couples around a range of issues throughout the perinatal period, from trying to conceive through parenting young children.
Our Certified Perinatal Mental Health Professionals (PMH-Cs) treat the following areas:
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (postpartum depression, anxiety, OCD, and rage)
- Depression during pregnancy
- Infertility and reproductive challenges
- Loss of a pregnancy, infant, or child
- Birth Trauma
- NICU Families/Complex medical issues support
- Navigating third party reproduction and adoption
- Transition to parenthood
- Men’s issues
- Couples and intimacy difficulties
- Individual Therapy
- Couples Therapy
- Family Therapy